- About Us
- Continuing Nursing Education CNE - Goodfellow Unit
- Continuing Nursing Education (CNE) Template
- Endorsement Application Form
- Guidelines and Professional Position statements
- Links of Interest
- National Nursing Consortium
- National Nursing Organisations Leaders Group Repository
- Nursing Praxis in NZ
- Nursing Review
- Professional Support Guides
- Te Puawai - Read Online
- Te Puawai Archives
- Meet the Executive
- Social Media
- Terms of Reference
- Members List
- NPNZ Forum
- NPNZ Executive Forum
- What is a NP?
- Do you want to become an NP in New Zealand?
- Information for Employers
- Examples of NP Job Descriptions & Business Case Proposals
- Supervisors for NP Interns Resource Toolkit
- Conferences & Events
- NPNZ Minutes -members only
- NPNZ Useful Documents
- NP Resources
- Join NPNZ
2016 Gerontology Nursing Conference Spirituality and the Foundations of Human Caringon 12 August
2016 Gerontology Nursing Conference
Spirituality and the Foundations of Human Caring.
Wednesday, 7 December 2016
Tasman Room, Alexandra Park, Greenlane Rd West, Epsom
8:30am – 5:00pm
For the last seven years The Selwyn Foundation has been running a Gerontology Nursing Conference specifically for those providing nursing to aged people. This year, we are delighted to bring you the internationally acclaimed Dr Jean Watson — distinguished professor, nurse theorist, and holder of the American Academy of Nursing's highest honour, the "Living Legend" award. You will be inspired by her passion, her knowledge and experience, as she provides a values-guided, practical and professional human caring framework for transforming nursing and healthcare practices.
With an exciting line-up of world-class speakers in the fields of gerontology and ageing and spirituality, we have made a slight change to our approach this year, incorporating the practical aspects of care, and the philosophical and spiritual facets of ageing and spirituality. The afternoon session will be split into two streams: the Gerontology Nursing stream and the Ageing and Spirituality stream. You are invited to choose whichever stream you wish to attend.
This conference is relevant to clinicians in the field of gerontology and those involved in the pastoral and spiritual care of the elderly, and provides 6.5 hours of certified professional development.
to see more