- About Us
- Continuing Nursing Education (CNE) Template
- Endorsement Application Form
- Guidelines and Professional Position statements
- Links of Interest
- National Nursing Consortium
- Nursing Praxis in NZ
- Nursing Review
- Professional Support Guides
- Te Puawai - Read Online
- Te Puawai Archives
- Meet the Executive
- Social Media
- Terms of Reference
- Members List
- NPNZ Forum
- What is a NP?
- Do you want to become an NP in New Zealand?
- Information for Employers
- Examples of NP Job Descriptions & Business Case Proposals
- Supervisors for NP Interns Resource Toolkit
- Conferences & Events
- NPNZ Minutes -members only
- NPNZ Useful Documents
- NP Resources
- Join NPNZ
Registered Nurse - Intensive Care & Cardiac Unit/High Dependency Unit (ICCU/HDU)on 17 March
- Permanent, part time positions ranging from 0.6FTE - 0.8FTE
- Minimum of five years recent acute nursing experience, or significant ICU experience, is required
Seize this wonderful opportunity to join us in one of New Zealand's sunniest and beautiful regions with an abundance of indoor and outdoor activities available all year round.
Nelson Hospital has a combined 7-bed Intensive and Coronary Care Unit, with an associated haemodialysis outpatient area. Haemodialysis or flight nurse experience would be advantageous, although not essential.
We are looking to appoint roles working 0.6 - 0.8FTE. It would be helpful if you could indicate you preferred hours in your covering letter. These roles will involve full internal rotation onto night shifts.
Key requirements for these positions include:
- experienced clinical nurse with a minimum of five years recent acute nursing, or significant ICU experience; preferably at Proficient level PDRP or a commitment to work towards within six months
- ongoing commitment to professional development in critical care nursing
- well developed clinical skills in an acute care setting
- adaptability in a dynamic rapidly changing work environment
- working collaboratively as a proactive and supportive team member to achieve optimum health outcomes for patients requiring Intensive Care Services
- willingness to share professional knowledge and skills within the Intensive Care team.
We can offer you a formal orientation programme and ongoing education from our knowledgeable and supportive team, comprehensive professional development programmes and opportunities to undertake post graduate training in critical care nursing.
NMDHB is committed to identifying, supporting and protecting vulnerable children. This role is classified as a Children's Worker role under the Vulnerable Children Act 2014. As such the successful candidate will be required to undergo a safety check prior to commencing employment.
Closing date: Sunday, 2 April 2017.
Click Here for position description and to apply