- About Us
- Continuing Nursing Education CNE - Goodfellow Unit
- Continuing Nursing Education (CNE) Template
- Endorsement Application Form
- Guidelines and Professional Position statements
- Links of Interest
- National Nursing Consortium
- National Nursing Organisations Leaders Group Repository
- Nursing Praxis in NZ
- Nursing Review
- Professional Support Guides
- Te Puawai - Read Online
- Te Puawai Archives
- Meet the Executive
- Social Media
- Terms of Reference
- Members List
- NPNZ Forum
- NPNZ Executive Forum
- What is a NP?
- Do you want to become an NP in New Zealand?
- Information for Employers
- Examples of NP Job Descriptions & Business Case Proposals
- Supervisors for NP Interns Resource Toolkit
- Conferences & Events
- NPNZ Minutes -members only
- NPNZ Useful Documents
- NP Resources
- Join NPNZ
Principal Academic Staff Member (Māori Nursing)on 6 November
Wintec’s Te Kura Mo Nga Mahi Tiaki I Te Hapori (Centre for Health and Social Practice) is seeking a highly motivated and experienced principal academic staff member with strong teaching and research track record in Maori health to join the Centre in an academic leadership role.
About the role
The Centre has a commitment to Te Tiriti o Waitangi partnership, and our programmes are underpinned by an experiential approach to learning which links work, education, and personal and professional development. Importance is placed upon ensuring that graduates are work-ready and well prepared to gain employment or to enhance and extend employment opportunities.
As a Wintec staff member, you would be delivering teaching within degree and postgraduate nursing programmes and taking a leadership role to support Maori achievement within our health programmes.
Wintec offers the full range of nursing qualifications available within New Zealand from enrolled nursing through to Registered Nurse Prescribing and Nurse Practitioner programmes.
This position will require extensive knowledge and experience of Maori health practices, issues and contexts. This is a permanent, full-time (1.0 FTE) role.
Are you the ideal candidate?
We are looking for people who are passionate about Maori health and wellbeing and have the following:
- A recognised nursing qualification
- A relevant higher degree qualification
- A current annual practising certificate
- Three years’ clinical experience
- Competitive research track record
- A passion for supporting Maori students to succeed
The successful applicant will have well developed industry and community links and a desire to be involved in programme development.
Working at Wintec
Wintec continues to be one of the leading tertiary institutes by keeping up with industry trends and focusing on innovation. You’ll be supported to stay industry connected, and have generous opportunities to develop your career through the professional development opportunities available to you. Join the Centre for Health and Social Practice and take the next exciting step in your career. Lead change, shape the world at Wintec - apply now and accept a leadership challenge.
About the closing date: There will be no closing date for this position and the advert may be removed without notice - applications will be reviewed as received and you are encouraged to submit your application as soon as possible.
Location: Hamilton, Waikato