BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP
- Belonging to an organization which is bicultural in its structure and organisation
- Receiving $1million indemnity insurance (Not applicable for Retired members)
- Automatic subscription to the journal Nursing Praxis in New Zealand published three times a year
- Receipt of Te Puawai, the College’s professional publication also published 3 times a year
- Subscription to Nursing Review (Monthly APN publication)
- Belonging to an organisation whose focus is on the professional issues of nursing and on the health of our communities
- Contributing to an organisation with significant influence on health policy decision making at the national level
- Involvement with a dynamic network of professional nurses committed to high standards of nursing practice
- Opportunities to contribute to relevant submissions
- Online specialty network forums
- Weekly online or email NZ and International News Bulletin with items specifically selected for our members areas of interest.
Additional Benefits of being a Fellow
Recognition as a leader in your specific field of nursing
Use of FCNA(NZ) after your name
FELLOWS - Registered Nurses with 5 Years practice experience who are able to demonstrate an exceptional contribution to nursing. Please see fellowship application information on the right.
MEMBERS - College Membership is available to all Registered Nurses.
Discounted rates apply for the following membership categories -
(Evidence is required annually for all discounted categories.)
Part Time - employed under 20 hrs per week, employer verification required.
RN in full time study - (Post graduate students) verification required from tertiary provider.
Retired (Non Working) Members - not covered by Indemnity Insurance(Non working members returning to work must inform the college to re-instate your Insurance cover).
No Insurance required - If you are adequately covered by another professional organisation an annual discount applies. Please enquire with the College office.
ASSOCIATE MEMBER- This category includes individuals, BN students, companies or institutions (who are not registered RN's in New Zealand). Indemnity Insurance Cover is only provided for RN's or BN Students - please contact the College office for clarifiaction and fees for Associate members. Associate members are not eligible to vote at the AGM.