- About Us
- Continuing Nursing Education (CNE) Template
- Endorsement Application Form
- Guidelines and Professional Position statements
- Links of Interest
- National Nursing Consortium
- Nursing Praxis in NZ
- Nursing Review
- Professional Support Guides
- Te Puawai - Read Online
- Te Puawai Archives
- Meet the Executive
- Social Media
- Terms of Reference
- Members List
- NPNZ Forum
- NPNZ Executive Forum
- What is a NP?
- Do you want to become an NP in New Zealand?
- Information for Employers
- Examples of NP Job Descriptions & Business Case Proposals
- Supervisors for NP Interns Resource Toolkit
- Conferences & Events
- NPNZ Minutes -members only
- NPNZ Useful Documents
- NP Resources
- Join NPNZ
NPNZ Terms of Reference
NPNZ Terms of Reference.pdf (updated 1/4/13)
TERMS OF REFERENCE
- Is open to New Zealand registered Nurse Practitioners
- Is a division of the College of Nurses Aotearoa (CNA [NZ]).
- Nurse Practitioner College members are members of NPNZ, however Non college NPNZ members (NPNZ only members) are not College of Nurses members
- (Non college NPNZ members pay a membership fee of $150 pa and have the rights of College NPNZ members in representing NPNZ in other forums.
The executive committee includes the NPNZ chairperson, chair-elect, secretary, treasurer, web site co-ordinator, submissions co-ordinator, conference/event facilitator and 3 NPs voted by the membership.
The responsibilities of the executive committee include:
- Taking responsibility for day to day decisions of NPNZ
- Ensuring the ongoing functioning of NPNZ
- Liaising with NPNZ members
- Holding a minimum of 3 monthly meetings
- Ensuring continuity of executive membership
- Co-opts members for specific project work from time to time.
- Term of office two years, and one year as mentor for the Chair-elect
- Chairs all NPNZ meetings, or if absent will nominate another member as acting chairperson for that meeting
- Regularly communicates with NPNZ members
- Co-ordinates and /or delegates to the submissions subgroup, NPNZ submissions on all matters pertaining to Nurse Practitioner practice.
- Liaises with media or other professional organisations to promote Nurse Practitioner practice as required.
- Approves, and signs if required, all NPNZ cheques/expenditure.
- Completes the role of the chair person under the guidance of the Chairperson
- Term of office three years
- Prepares and distributes agenda prior to meeting
- Receives apologies for meeting
- Records and electronically circulates minutes to members within four weeks of meeting
- Records and keeps copies of relevant documents, letters etc
- Maintains membership database containing correct contact details of all NPNZ members
- Ensures new NP’s receive requested information on NPNZ and meeting dates
- Ensures NPNZ information in Nursing Council of New Zealand pack for new NPs is up to date
- Term of office two years
- Receives and keeps accurate records of NPNZ income and expenditure provided by CNA(NZ)
- Provides a financial report at NPNZ meetings
- Ensures all cheques/expenditure is approved by NPNZ and signed by the treasurer or the chairperson
Submissions coordinator/subgroup (optional):
This position is optional and is determined by the current executive committee and members expertise and availability.
- Co-ordinator is elected annually
- Subgroup is elected annually
- Co-ordinator is responsible for seeking information from NPNZ members
- The subgroup makes submissions on all issues pertaining to Nurse Practitioner practice
- NPNZ communicates at the earliest opportunity with CNA their intent of responding/not responding to submissions
- CNA office provides support for formatting submissions.
- NPNZ may choose to provide the CNA(NZ) with contributions to a submission which will be combined with others contributions and submitted by CNA(NZ).
- Joint submissions by NPNZ and CNA(NZ) are clearly marked to indicate both CNA(NZ) and NPNZ have made the submission.
- Involvement of a policy analyst to assist with collation and writing is discussed with CNA(NZ)
- Nominated on 2 yearly basis
- Liaise with CNZ(NZ) administrator/website manager regarding website changes and updates.
- Term of office 2 years for facilitation of NPNZ conference
- Works with committee members to organised NPNZ conference every 2nd year
Co-ordinates other events as opportunities arise
- Meetings are in April and October each year
- The Secretary will circulate the previous meeting minutes via email prior to the next meeting
- AGM’s are held annually
Terms of Reference will be reviewed annually or amended with the agreement with a majority of members