- About Us
- Continuing Nursing Education CNE - Goodfellow Unit
- Continuing Nursing Education (CNE) Template
- Endorsement Application Form
- Guidelines and Professional Position statements
- Links of Interest
- National Nursing Consortium
- National Nursing Organisations Leaders Group Repository
- Nursing Praxis in NZ
- Nursing Review
- Professional Support Guides
- Self Employment
- Te Puawai - Read Online
- Te Puawai Archives
- NPNZ Conference 2019
- Meet the Executive
- Social Media
- Terms of Reference
- Members List
- NPNZ Forum
- NPNZ Executive Forum
- What is a NP?
- Do you want to become an NP in New Zealand?
- Information for Employers
- Supervisors for NP Interns Resource Toolkit
- Examples of NP Job Descriptions & Business Case Proposals
- NP Resources
- Frequently Asked Questions for NPs
- NPNZ Minutes -members only
- NPNZ Useful Documents
- Conferences & Events
- Join NPNZ
Clinical Advice Manageron 26 September
Clinical Advice Manager
Every day, ACC team members enjoy the satisfaction of helping clients achieve better outcomes. Now we'd like to give you the satisfaction of helping your team enjoy great outcomes too.
As a Clinical Services Manager within Clinical Services, you'll be helping your team achieve its full potential. You will manage a team of health professionals, as well as being a 'go to' person for specific work or process enquires and supporting the broader Clinical Services.
You will use your natural leadership qualities in getting involved with setting up and running new structures. You'll also bring an understanding of business management practices and clinical best practice.
What we're looking for:
- Excellent people management and leadership qualities
- Proven successful experience in leading through change and leading virtual teams
- Ability to manage professionals from various disciplines across Doctors, Allied Health Professionals and Psychologists
Your professional approach will provide invaluable support to your Manager and colleagues. Most of all it will be your positive flexible approach, enthusiastic attitude and willingness to participate proactively that will make you an important member of our team.
At ACC, we recognise that diversity, inclusion and accessibility is important to our business. We embrace the unique perspective and capabilities of our current and future employees, which will help us continue to drive innovation and achieve our business goals. Our culture enables us to create an environment of involvement, respect and connection with the communities where we work - benefitting individual employees and all our clients across New Zealand.
Applications will run through to Monday, 1 October 2018 but please note that if an ideal candidate is found during this time we will move forward with screening and interviewing sooner.
Applications will only be accepted when formally submitted through our ACC careers website.
For more information, contact Divya Rozario, Talent Acquisition Consultant at Divya.Rozario@acc.co.nz