- About Us
- Continuing Nursing Education CNE - Goodfellow Unit
- Continuing Nursing Education (CNE) Template
- Endorsement Application Form
- Guidelines and Professional Position statements
- Health Central
- Healthy People Healthy Planet
- Interim Report of the Health & Disability System Review
- Links of Interest
- Managing Bullying & Fostering Health Work In Nursing
- National Nursing Consortium
- National Nursing Organisations Leaders Group Repository
- Ngā aratohu maimoa hauwarea | Frailty care guides
- Nursing Praxis in NZ
- Professional Support Guides
- Self Employment
- Te Puawai - Read Online
- Te Puawai Archives
- NPNZ Conference 2019
- Meet the Executive
- Social Media
- Terms of Reference
- Members List
- NPNZ Forum
- NPNZ Executive Forum
- What is a NP?
- Do you want to become an NP in New Zealand?
- Information for Employers
- Supervisors for NP Interns Resource Toolkit
- Examples of NP Job Descriptions & Business Case Proposals
- NP Resources
- Frequently Asked Questions for NPs
- NPNZ Minutes -members only
- NPNZ Useful Documents
- Job Vacancies
- Conferences & Events
- Join NPNZ
Charge Nurse Manager, Operating Rooms Mercy - Cardiac and General Teamon 8 October
CHARGE NURSE MANAGER, OPERATING ROOMS MERCY - CARDIAC AND GENERAL TEAM
Inspiring, leading from the front, a passion for clinical excellence - if you're an OR Charge Nurse with these qualities in your leadership tool box, then read on…....
Reporting to the Operating Rooms Manager at Mercy you'll be responsible for providing day-to-day clinical leadership and management of the Cardiac & General theatres and the team to ensure seamless service delivery for our patients and specialists. This is a permanent fulltime role and because our cases are elective, you'll work primarily Monday - Friday. You'll be a key part of the OR leadership team and will work alongside a group of experienced RNs and ATs, and Auckland's leading surgeons.
Every day at MercyAscot will provide you with the opportunity and resources to utilise your leadership expertise and develop your team to deliver the best possible care. Your commitment to excellence, your passion for continuous quality improvement, and your desire to be part of and lead a highly skilled team will set you in good stead as you further develop your management skills in this supportive environment.
What we offer you:
- Generous salary
- Private Medical Insurance subsidy
- 5 weeks annual leave
- Free car-parking
- Christmas and New Year close down period
- Supported professional development
- A raft of other employee benefits - all listed on our Careers site
What we're looking for: In addition to your proven experience in a perioperative setting, we seek the following qualities in our ideal candidate:
- New Zealand Registered Nurse with a current Annual Practicing Certificate
- A Post Graduate Qualification in speciality practice or PG Diploma in leadership or management (preferable).
- Demonstrated capability in clinical and operational management and a reputation for clinical expertise (cardiac & general OR experience is preferable, but not essential)
- An understanding of the private healthcare model and a desire to further your interest in this area
- A passion for teaching others with the ability to identify, promote and support professional development of team members to enhance patient outcomes
- The ability to build effective relationships with a wide range of stakeholders; including patients, surgeons and the members of your team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A positive energy, enthusiastic attitude and an ability to collaborate across multidisciplinary teams
- Not be afraid to influence where necessary and challenge the status quo
- A strong decision maker who is solutions driven, and focused on delivery of objectives
Here at MercyAscot we value being adaptable, having effective communication skills, being accountable for our actions and providing excellent customer service.
Wondering what it's like to work at MercyAscot Hospitals? Have a look at what our current employees have to say!
If this sounds like you - we look forward to receiving your application at https://careers.mercyascot.co.nz/jobdetails?ajid=s7eE7 or for more information or a confidential chat, please call Talent Acquisition Manager Jan Arnold on 09 941 4135.