- About Us
- International Nurses Day 2020
- State of the World’s Nursing report
- COVID-19 Resources
- Continuing Nursing Education CNE - Goodfellow Unit
- Continuing Nursing Education (CNE) Template
- CNA(NZ) Press Releases
- Endorsement Application Form
- Guidelines and Professional Position statements
- Healthy People Healthy Planet
- Interim Report of the Health & Disability System Review
- Links of Interest
- Managing Bullying & Fostering Health Work In Nursing
- National Nursing Consortium
- National Nursing Leaders Group Repository
- Understanding bias - Wiki Haumaru Tūroro | Patient Safety Week 2019
- Ngā aratohu maimoa hauwarea | Frailty care guides
- Nursing Praxis in NZ
- Professional Support Guides
- Self Employment
- Te Puawai - Read Online
- Te Puawai Archives
- NPNZ Conference 2019
- Meet the Executive
- Social Media
- Terms of Reference
- Members List
- NPNZ Forum
- NPNZ Executive Forum
- What is a NP?
- Do you want to become an NP in New Zealand?
- Information for Employers
- Supervisors for NP Interns Resource Toolkit
- Examples of NP Job Descriptions & Business Case Proposals
- NP Resources
- Frequently Asked Questions for NPs
- NPNZ Minutes -members only
- NPNZ Useful Documents
- Job Vacancies
- Conferences & Events
- Join NPNZ
- Nursing Praxis
Education & Training Manager (Oceania Healthcare)on 26 June
Oceania Healthcare is the proud owner and operator of 37 aged care centres and retirement villages across New Zealand, which are home to over 2,400 residents. As the third largest provider of aged care in New Zealand, we are passionate about supporting our local communities and providing the very best care to meet kiwi’s needs.
Our clinical expertise is world-class, and the clinical management team works Nationwide to provide robust frameworks, policies and support to ensure each of our sites is appropriately equipped and staffed to provide quality care to our residents.
In this senior role you will provide strategic leadership for education, training and research related activities in order to support the delivery of quality evidenced health care services through management of team of educators and the establishment and maintenance of effective relationships with health and education and training providers.
You would be reporting directly to Dr Frances Hughes (CNZM), our GM Nursing and Clinical , who is passionate about achieving a global level of excellence in aged care. Frances has significant international leadership experience, with governments, World Health Organisation and the International Council of Nurses.
To be successful you will need to:
- Establish an education and research centre that is nationally recognised for aspirational excellence for the aged care sector.
- Identify opportunities for the business in the areas of education, training, innovation, revenue-making and research.
- Oversee all education and training of Oceania clinical and care staff
- Develop and maintain effective external relationships with education providers and other relevant bodies.
- Stimulate research opportunities, and.
- Ensure contemporary education and training delivery meets the needs of learners and supports the delivery of excellent clinical care to our residents.
We are looking for a person who has:
- A minimum of 10 years background in health professional education, with experience in educational leadership and management.
- At least five to 10 years working in clinical practice, preferably with some experience in gerontology.
- Experience in independent research, demonstrated by publication in peer reviewed journals, in the areas of education and / or of healthcare.
- Financial management experience.
- A minimum of a master’s degree, or higher qualification in a health or education related field
- Registration with the Nursing Council of New Zealand and a current nursing practising certificate.
- Significant knowledge and understanding of the requirements and compliance for education and training in the health and education sectors.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Closing Date: 13 July 2020