- About Us
- International Nurses Day 2020
- State of the World’s Nursing report
- COVID-19 Resources
- Continuing Nursing Education CNE - Goodfellow Unit
- Continuing Nursing Education (CNE) Template
- CNA(NZ) Press Releases
- Endorsement Application Form
- Guidelines and Professional Position statements
- Healthy People Healthy Planet
- Interim Report of the Health & Disability System Review
- Links of Interest
- Managing Bullying & Fostering Health Work In Nursing
- National Nursing Consortium
- National Nursing Leaders Group Repository
- Understanding bias - Wiki Haumaru Tūroro | Patient Safety Week 2019
- Ngā aratohu maimoa hauwarea | Frailty care guides
- Nursing Praxis in NZ
- Professional Support Guides
- Self Employment
- Te Puawai - Read Online
- Te Puawai Archives
- NPNZ Conference 2019
- Meet the Executive
- Social Media
- Terms of Reference
- Members List
- NPNZ Forum
- NPNZ Executive Forum
- What is a NP?
- Do you want to become an NP in New Zealand?
- Information for Employers
- Supervisors for NP Interns Resource Toolkit
- Examples of NP Job Descriptions & Business Case Proposals
- NP Resources
- Frequently Asked Questions for NPs
- NPNZ Minutes -members only
- NPNZ Useful Documents
- Job Vacancies
- Conferences & Events
- Join NPNZ
- Nursing Praxis
Nurse Practitioner - MercyAscot (Auckland)on 12 October
NURSE PRACTITIONER – MercyAscot, Auckland
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Registered Nurse Practitioner to join the MercyAscot Advanced Nursing Team. As the Nurse Practitioner you will champion clinical excellence; providing advanced clinical expertise and guidance to our clinical teams and support our specialists to care for our primarily adult surgical patients.
About us: MercyAscot is a part of the Healthcare Holdings Group of companies and is New Zealand's largest private surgical facility with 22 theatres across 3 sites including an Intensive Care Unit and Coronary Care facilities. Our surgical specialties include: Colorectal/Gastro, Gynae, Urology, Neurology, Oncology, Plastics (incl flaps), ENT/ORL, Orthopaedic/Spinal, Head & Neck, and Cardiac/Vascular.
Working with our specialists and nurses you will lead the advanced nursing team to support our staff, specialists, patients and their families across the continuum of care. You will actively work across the multidisciplinary services to increase early proactive assessment and intervention of complex clinical situations.
As our Nurse Practitioner you'll interact with a range of health professionals, and therefore your excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships, and work in partnership is imperative. Ideally, you'll have experience in leadership and have proven success in mentoring and educating nurses at the bedside. An acute care background would also be beneficial.
To succeed in this exciting role, you will also need to:
- Be a Nurse Practitioner with a valid Annual Practicing Certificate
- Recent acute surgical inpatient experience
- Have the ability to successfully engage stakeholders in a positive manner
- Be a fabulous communicator with an engaging and personable style
The attractive salary and benefits package for this role includes: financial support for continuing education, 5 weeks annual leave, generous health insurance subsidy, free onsite parking - with travel allowance for travelling between sites Christmas & New Year close-down, discounted gym membership, Employee Assistance Programme, pharmacy discount, retail discounts, discounted hospital fees.........etc!
This is an exciting time to join a dynamic and growing private organisation, so if you feel that this could be the role for you please APPLY now.
Or for more information please call Gillian Walton, Hospital Manager - Ascot, on 027 808 9446.
Applications close on Sunday 1st November 2020. However we reserved the right to close applications earlier as needed.