- About Us
- International Nurses Day 2020
- State of the World’s Nursing report
- COVID-19 Resources
- Continuing Nursing Education CNE - Goodfellow Unit
- Continuing Nursing Education (CNE) Template
- CNA(NZ) Press Releases
- Endorsement Application Form
- Guidelines and Professional Position statements
- Healthy People Healthy Planet
- Interim Report of the Health & Disability System Review
- Links of Interest
- Managing Bullying & Fostering Health Work In Nursing
- National Nursing Consortium
- National Nursing Leaders Group Repository
- Understanding bias - Wiki Haumaru Tūroro | Patient Safety Week 2019
- Ngā aratohu maimoa hauwarea | Frailty care guides
- Nursing Praxis in NZ
- Primary Health Care Resources
- Professional Support Guides
- Self Employment
- Te Puawai - Read Online
- Te Puawai Archives
- NPNZ Conference 2019
- Meet the Executive
- Social Media
- Terms of Reference
- Members List
- NPNZ Forum
- NPNZ Executive Forum
- What is a NP?
- Do you want to become an NP in New Zealand?
- Information for Employers
- Supervisors for NP Interns Resource Toolkit
- Examples of NP Job Descriptions & Business Case Proposals
- NP Resources
- Frequently Asked Questions for NPs
- NPNZ Minutes -members only
- NPNZ Useful Documents
- Job Vacancies
- Conferences & Events
- Join NPNZ
- Nursing Praxis
Whānau Ora Nurse - Community Mobile Nurse (Henderson)on 20 November
Tired of working shifts with an overwhelming patient load? Come and work for an organisation where you can make a difference - smaller caseload and reasonable hours offered.
Who Are We - Ko wai mātou
Te Whanau O Waipareira Trust has been serving the West Auckland community for over 35 years. One of the largest NGOs in New Zealand, with over 200 staff, with continued growth and expansion.
About the role - He kōrero whakamārama mō tēnei tūranga
We're looking for a Registered Nurse to work with whānau in the community focusing on long term chronic conditions namely Diabetes, Respiratory and Cardiac. While also being actively involved in health promotion through education to the whānau of the patients, by providing whānau with information that will link them to appropriate support services where required.
A high level of data entry, reporting and administrative skills are required as is good communication skills and cultural awareness. This is a mobile position working within the community so a full drivers license is essential. NO SHIFT WORK - This is a Monday to Friday position.
What you will bring - Nga tohungatanga o tēnei tūranga
- You will be a Registered Nurse with a current Practising Certificate (Nursing Council of NZ)
- Ideally, at least 2 years experience already working within the community
- Ideally, minimum of 2 years’ experience of referral management
- A commitment to Te Reo me nga Tikanga Maori
- Ability to speak Te Reo Maori is advantageous
- A holistic approach to health and wellbeing for Maori
- Demonstrates good relationship building skills
- Sound problem solving and decision making
- Full clean Drivers Licence
The good things about this organisation - Ngā painga o tēnei whare
We can offer an awesome team and working culture in modern premises in the heart of West Auckland Henderson township. Just a 2 minute walk from rail/bus transport hub and large-scale malls, stores and eateries. We provide 5 weeks annual leave, 4% Kiwisaver Employer contributions, promote work life balance and are committed to providing ongoing professional development.
If you have the right skills, experience and a passion to make a change – please review the JOB DESCRIPTION AND APPLY today.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid work visa. Resumes or assistance will not be accepted from Recruitment Agencies.