- About Us
- International Nurses Day 2020
- State of the World’s Nursing report
- COVID-19 Resources
- Continuing Nursing Education CNE - Goodfellow Unit
- Continuing Nursing Education (CNE) Template
- CNA(NZ) Press Releases
- Endorsement Application Form
- Guidelines and Professional Position statements
- Healthy People Healthy Planet
- Interim Report of the Health & Disability System Review
- Links of Interest
- Managing Bullying & Fostering Health Work In Nursing
- National Nursing Consortium
- National Nursing Leaders Group Repository
- Understanding bias - Wiki Haumaru Tūroro | Patient Safety Week 2019
- Ngā aratohu maimoa hauwarea | Frailty care guides
- Nursing Praxis in NZ
- Primary Health Care Resources
- Professional Support Guides
- Self Employment
- Te Puawai - Read Online
- Te Puawai Archives
- NPNZ Conference 2019
- Meet the Executive
- Terms of Reference
- Members List
- MoH Primary Care Program (Mental Health & Addictions)
- Join NPNZ
- NPNZ Forum
- NPNZ Executive Forum
- What is a NP?
- Do you want to become an NP in New Zealand?
- Information for Employers
- Supervisors for NP Interns Resource Toolkit
- Examples of NP Job Descriptions & Business Case Proposals
- NP Resources
- Frequently Asked Questions for NPs
- NPNZ Minutes -members only
- NPNZ Useful Documents
- Job Vacancies
- Conferences & Events
- Social Media
- Nursing Praxis
Registered Nurse - Ophthalmology Clinic and Intravitreal Injector (Nelson)on 8 January
Registered Nurse - Ophthalmology Clinic and Intravitreal Injector (Nelson)
- Support patients undergoing a range of ophthalmic procedures
- Fixed-term 0.6FTE position for 12 months
- Fulfilling work, with time to enjoy sunny Nelson
Ngā mōhiohio e pā ana ki tēnei mahi (About this position)
Surgical Outpatients has 24 clinical rooms supporting general surgery, ORL, urology, plastics, ophthalmology, gynaecology, minor procedures and a pre admissions clinics. You will be providing excellent service to our patients by assessing and preparing them for ophthalmic procedures, including administering intravitreal injections.
This is a new 12-month fixed-term position working 46 hours a fortnight (0.6FTE), Monday to Sunday, supporting our multi-disciplinary ophthalmology team including Registered Nurses, a Clinical Nurse Specialist, Registrars and Senior Medical Officers.
Ko wai he kaitono tōtika? (Who is an appropriate applicant?)
You will have the following skills and experience:
- Recent ophthalmology experience
- Credentialed to administer intravitreal injections - preferred
- A commitment to providing a quality service and being part of a high performing team
- Versatility and flexibility
- Current Registered Nurse registration and NZNC practising certificate
This role would suit a nurse who thrives in a fast-paced environment, has great assessment and time management skills, is confident in their practice, can work autonomously and can relate well to a wide variety of stakeholders including patients, families and our multidisciplinary teams. Every day is different and our nurses enjoy the variety of work, the people they interact with, and the challenge of giving each patient the best customer experience, whilst ensuring that everything runs to schedule.
Ā mātou rōpū (About our team)
Nelson Marlborough Health is the main health provider for the Te Tau Ihu, the top of the south. Nearly 3,000 strong, we are Nelson and Marlborough's largest employer, which means the opportunities here are endless. Our main locations are Nelson and Wairau Hospitals but we are spread across the region and service all parts of the community. Our work can be challenging, but we are up for it. We have a great team and we work hard to make a difference. We value integrity, innovation, respect and teamwork.
Ētahi atu mōhiohio (More Information)
Ngā huanga o tēnei mahi (The benefits of this position)
We offer an environment where our team strives to achieve the best outcomes for our patients and their families and whānau. We provide a great place to work with professional development opportunities, job security, and workplace wellness programmes.
Nelson is one of New Zealand's top lifestyle destinations and offers an amazing variety of leisure pursuits, beaches, rivers and national parks with great opportunities for outdoor activities as well as abundant sunshine and outstanding scenery. For more information on the Nelson/Tasman region visit http://www.nelsonnz.com/
Me pēhea ahau e tono ai? (How do I apply?)
For general enquiries please contact our recruitment team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 03 546 1274. Alternatively, for role specific information please contact Charge Nurse Manager, Danielle Read on email@example.com
Keen to apply now, it's easy. Please fill in our online application form.
Applications close: Sunday, 24 January 2021.
Nelson Marlborough Health strongly endorses Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
We believe that to achieve equity in health outcomes for Māori we need a workforce reflective of the population it serves. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who identify as Māori and we recruit for cultural competence.
He waka eke noa. We are all in this together.