- About Us
- International Nurses Day 2020
- State of the World’s Nursing report
- COVID-19 Resources
- Continuing Nursing Education CNE - Goodfellow Unit
- Continuing Nursing Education (CNE) Template
- CNA(NZ) Press Releases
- Endorsement Application Form
- Guidelines and Professional Position statements
- Healthy People Healthy Planet
- Interim Report of the Health & Disability System Review
- Links of Interest
- Managing Bullying & Fostering Health Work In Nursing
- National Nursing Consortium
- National Nursing Leaders Group Repository
- Understanding bias - Wiki Haumaru Tūroro | Patient Safety Week 2019
- Ngā aratohu maimoa hauwarea | Frailty care guides
- Nursing Praxis in NZ
- Primary Health Care Resources
- Professional Support Guides
- Self Employment
- Te Puawai - Read Online
- Te Puawai Archives
- NPNZ Conference 2019
- Meet the Executive
- Terms of Reference
- Members List
- MoH Primary Care Program (Mental Health & Addictions)
- Join NPNZ
- NPNZ Forum
- NPNZ Executive Forum
- What is a NP?
- Do you want to become an NP in New Zealand?
- Information for Employers
- Supervisors for NP Interns Resource Toolkit
- Examples of NP Job Descriptions & Business Case Proposals
- NP Resources
- Frequently Asked Questions for NPs
- NPNZ Minutes -members only
- NPNZ Useful Documents
- Job Vacancies
- Conferences & Events
- Social Media
- Nursing Praxis
Nurse Practitioner - Gerontologyon 23 February
This exciting opportunity has arisen as we continue our journey to achieve clinical excellence. The addition of the Nurse Practitioner role is an important new part of our clinical team and will provide primary care services and oversee the delivery of complex clinical needs across our care centres.
We understand the enormous value that the Nurse Practitioners bring to supporting the nursing team and therefore are seeking Nurse Practitioners who can deliver high quality primary care and nursing services within an aged care context.
We are establishing positions New Zealand wide, and welcome expressions of interest or applications from Nurse Practitioners in Auckland, Hawkes Bay, Nelson, and Christchurch.
As a nurse practitioner in Oceania you will work across a group of care centres to:
- Provide primary care services to our residents
- Oversee the treatment and care planning of residents with complex health problems, including assessment, diagnosis, and prescribing medications and therapeutic interventions
- Create and maintain links with DHB specialist services
- Provide professional supervision and mentoring to RNs to ensure that care is informed by the latest international evidence
- Lead clinical quality improvement programmes and practices, including monitoring, auditing and reviews of case records
Successful applicants will be committed to providing clinical excellence, with special interest in gerontology, and be natural clinical leaders who value collaboration and teamwork. Experience practising in the primary care sector will be an advantage. You must be registered with the Nursing Council in the Nurse Practitioner Scope of Practice with a valid practising certificate and be willing to travel regularly between assigned facilities in the region.
Oceania Healthcare is a leading provider of aged care services, with over 40 sites located in metropolitan areas across New Zealand. We are dedicated to delivering exceptional and innovative care and hospitality services that delight our residents
If you are interested in making a difference to the health of our aged care residents, then we would love to hear from you with your current CV and Cover Letter.