- About Us
- International Nurses Day 2020
- State of the World’s Nursing report
- COVID-19 Resources
- Continuing Nursing Education CNE - Goodfellow Unit
- Continuing Nursing Education (CNE) Template
- CNA(NZ) Press Releases
- Endorsement Application Form
- Guidelines and Professional Position statements
- Healthy People Healthy Planet
- Interim Report of the Health & Disability System Review
- Links of Interest
- Managing Bullying & Fostering Health Work In Nursing
- National Nursing Consortium
- National Nursing Leaders Group Repository
- Understanding bias - Wiki Haumaru Tūroro | Patient Safety Week 2019
- Ngā aratohu maimoa hauwarea | Frailty care guides
- Nursing Praxis in NZ
- Primary Health Care Resources
- Professional Support Guides
- Self Employment
- Te Puawai - Read Online
- Te Puawai Archives
- NPNZ Conference 2019
- Meet the Executive
- Terms of Reference
- Members List
- MoH Primary Care Program (Mental Health & Addictions)
- Join NPNZ
- NPNZ Forum
- NPNZ Executive Forum
- What is a NP?
- Do you want to become an NP in New Zealand?
- Information for Employers
- Supervisors for NP Interns Resource Toolkit
- Examples of NP Job Descriptions & Business Case Proposals
- NP Resources
- Frequently Asked Questions for NPs
- NPNZ Minutes -members only
- NPNZ Useful Documents
- Job Vacancies
- Conferences & Events
- Social Media
- Nursing Praxis
Nursing Advisor (Aged Care) - Health & Disability Commissioneron 8 April
Nursing Advisor (Aged Care)
- Registered Nurse
- Part-time, permanent position
- 16 hours per week
- Any New Zealand location
The purpose of the Health and Disability Commissioner is to promote and protect health and disability services consumers’ rights and to facilitate the fair and efficient resolution of complaints relating to infringement of those rights.
The Health and Disability Commissioner is seeking an experienced registered nurse to provide advice to the Commissioner’s complaints resolution staff on clinical issues which arise in the assessment and management of complaints and investigations into aged care facilities.
To succeed in this role, you will need:
- A post-graduate qualification in nursing.
- Experience as a registered nurse in an aged care facility care, preferably with relevant management experience.
- Highly developed written and oral communication skills.
- Analytical and enquiring mind with an ability to express complex ideas in a logical and easily understood way.
- Ability to review and summarise large amounts of information accurately.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Sound understanding of the New Zealand health and disability sector and consumer rights issues.
- Ability to make good decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience and judgement.
- Understanding of the Treaty of Waitangi and the aims and aspirations of Māori.
- Understanding of the social, religious beliefs and values of different cultural and ethnic groups in New Zealand.
All applicants must complete an online HDC application form to be considered. Please visit the HDC website for the position description and to complete the online application form: https://www.hdc.org.nz/job-vacancies
Email enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications for this role close at 9am, Monday, 26 April 2021