- About Us
- International Nurses Day 2020
- State of the World’s Nursing report
- COVID-19 Resources
- Continuing Nursing Education CNE - Goodfellow Unit
- Continuing Nursing Education (CNE) Template
- CNA(NZ) Press Releases
- Endorsement Application Form
- Guidelines and Professional Position statements
- Healthy People Healthy Planet
- Interim Report of the Health & Disability System Review
- Links of Interest
- Managing Bullying & Fostering Health Work In Nursing
- National Nursing Consortium
- National Nursing Leaders Group Repository
- Understanding bias - Wiki Haumaru Tūroro | Patient Safety Week 2019
- Ngā aratohu maimoa hauwarea | Frailty care guides
- Nursing Praxis in NZ
- Primary Health Care Resources
- Professional Support Guides
- Self Employment
- Te Puawai - Read Online
- Te Puawai Archives
- NPNZ Conference 2019
- Meet the Executive
- Terms of Reference
- Members List
- MoH Primary Care Program (Mental Health & Addictions)
- Join NPNZ
- NPNZ Forum
- NPNZ Executive Forum
- What is a NP?
- Do you want to become an NP in New Zealand?
- Information for Employers
- Supervisors for NP Interns Resource Toolkit
- Examples of NP Job Descriptions & Business Case Proposals
- NP Resources
- Frequently Asked Questions for NPs
- NPNZ Minutes -members only
- NPNZ Useful Documents
- Job Vacancies
- Conferences & Events
- Social Media
- Nursing Praxis
Charge Nurse Manager - Emergency Department (Wairau Hospital)on 10 June
Charge Nurse Manager Emergency Department Wairau Hospital
- Opportunity to take your nursing career to the next level
- Lead a team delivering critical health services
- Permanent full-time position
Ngā mōhiohio e pā ana ki tēnei mahi (About this position)
Our busy and well-equipped High Dependency/Acute Assessment Unit (HDU/AAU) is closely co-located with our Emergency Department at Wairau Hospital. We provide a supportive and nurturing workplace to assist staff to meet the challenges of this diverse area, at the frontline of the acute health care service.
We are looking for our next Charge Nurse Manager to work alongside and lead our team of dedicated ED/HDU/AAU nurses. At Nelson Marlborough Health (NMH) we believe that nursing is at the heart of delivering quality, individualised care. Our nursing practice is focussed on encouraging innovation, collaboration and professional excellence to achieve optimal health outcomes for patients and their family and whānau.
Ko wai he kaitono tōtika? (Who is an appropriate applicant?)
We are looking for an experienced, enthusiastic, motivated and culturally competent ED/HDU/AAU nurse with advanced clinical knowledge and expertise and proven leadership experience. Of particular focus will be family-centered, culturally appropriate and safe care delivery, along with a strong focus on workforce management and quality improvement.
You will have a strong record of transformational leadership, clinical mentorship, effective change management and a commitment to excellence in patient care. You will be part of an effective senior nursing team developing and leading models of care, process, policy and guidelines relating to this client group.
Ā mātou rōpū (About our team)
Nelson Marlborough Health is the main health provider for Te Tau Ihu, the top of the south. Nearly 3,000 strong, we are Nelson and Marlborough's largest employer, which means the opportunities here are endless. Our main locations are Nelson and Wairau Hospitals but we are spread across the region and service all parts of the community. Our work can be challenging, but we are up for it. We have a great team and we work hard to make a difference. We value integrity, innovation, respect and teamwork.
Ētahi atu mōhiohio (More information)
Ngā huanga o tēnei mahi (The benefits of this position)/strong>
Situated at the top of the South Island, Blenheim is well known for its temperate climate, award winning wineries, stunning scenery and outdoor pursuits - all available within minutes of the town centre. For more information on the Marlborough region visit https://marlboroughnz.com/
Me pēhea ahau e tono ai? (How do I apply?)
For general enquiries please contact our recruitment team on firstname.lastname@example.org
For role specific information please contact Stephanie Watson, Associate Director of Nursing (Wairau) at Stephanie.Watson@nmdhb.govt.nz
Keen to apply now, it's easy. Please fill in our online application form.
Applications close Sunday, 27 June 2021.
Nelson Marlborough Health strongly endorses Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
We believe that to achieve equity in health outcomes for Māori we need a workforce reflective of the population it serves. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who identify as Māori and we recruit for cultural competence.
He waka eke noa. We are all in this together