- About Us
- International Nurses Day 2020
- State of the World’s Nursing report
- COVID-19 Resources
- Continuing Nursing Education CNE - Goodfellow Unit
- Continuing Nursing Education (CNE) Template
- CNA(NZ) Press Releases
- Endorsement Application Form
- Guidelines and Professional Position statements
- Healthy People Healthy Planet
- Interim Report of the Health & Disability System Review
- Links of Interest
- Managing Bullying & Fostering Health Work In Nursing
- National Nursing Consortium
- National Nursing Leaders Group Repository
- Understanding bias - Wiki Haumaru Tūroro | Patient Safety Week 2019
- Ngā aratohu maimoa hauwarea | Frailty care guides
- Nursing Praxis in NZ
- Primary Health Care Resources
- Professional Support Guides
- Self Employment
- Te Puawai - Read Online
- Te Puawai Archives
- NPNZ Conference 2019
- Meet the Executive
- Terms of Reference
- Members List
- MoH Primary Care Program (Mental Health & Addictions)
- Join NPNZ
- NPNZ Forum
- NPNZ Executive Forum
- What is a NP?
- Do you want to become an NP in New Zealand?
- Information for Employers
- Supervisors for NP Interns Resource Toolkit
- Examples of NP Job Descriptions & Business Case Proposals
- NP Resources
- Frequently Asked Questions for NPs
- NPNZ Minutes -members only
- NPNZ Useful Documents
- Job Vacancies
- Conferences & Events
- Social Media
- Nursing Praxis
Registered Nurse - Rimutakaon 25 November
Vacancy Number: APA/1586464
Closing Date: 21st December 2021
Location: Wellington (Te Whanganui a Tara)
Recruitment Contact: - firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Job
'Kotahi anō te kaupapa, ko te oranga o te iwi' – ‘There is only one purpose to our work: the wellness and wellbeing of our people.
Ara Poutama Aotearoa (Department of Corrections) Health Services lead the delivery of patient-focused primary health care services to tangata within corrections facilities across Aotearoa. Hōkai Rangi, our over-arching strategic direction, places the focus on health at the heart of our business. Building our frameworks from a Matauranga Māori basis is our focus to drive and support equity for Māori, which in turn will contribute to achieving our outcomes of reducing reoffending.
Mō te tūnga | About the role
We are seeking a full time, Registered Nurse to work at Rimutaka Prison, Upper Hutt, Wellington.
Nursing at Ara Poutmana Aotearoa offers many unique opportunities to develop and practise your skills in a wide range of clinical areas. On any given day Nurses working in our prison health centres provide a full range of primary health care services. Nurses assess and manage people with a variety of health issues, challenging physical and mental health problems, substance abuse related issues, as well as responding to emergencies and providing health education.
Our Nurses enjoy genuine work-life balance, a competitive salary, no night shift work, a wide range of practice work, and an environment where supportive professional career opportunities are on offer.
Shifts include weekend work, but no night shifts, as there is an on-call triage system in place overnight.
If successful, you'll join a high-performing health led team who are dedicated and committed to developing and embedding a Kaupapa Māori based model of care into the heart of health services delivery.
Whakahere matou | What we offer
- Rostered hours between 6am and 10pm, seven days a week. There is a rostered on-call requirement between the hours of 10pm and 6am
- Enrolled Nurses salary ranges from $50,845 to $58,188 (plus PDRP allowance on achievement)
- Registered Nurses salary ranges from $55,115 to $78,934 (plus PDRP allowance on achievement)
- Clinical Team Leaders salary ranges from $88,625 to $98,306 (includes 3 steps)
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
Mōu | About you
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Recent experience in primary or secondary health care nursing
- A broad range of post-graduate clinical experience
- The ability to assess and respond to an emergency situation
- The motivation to continue learning and developing professionally
- A non-judgemental approach
- Experience in triage (desirable)
To apply for this position, you will need to be registered with the Nursing Council of New Zealand as a Registered Nurse. A full New Zealand Drivers licence and be eligible to work in New Zealand.
If you think you have what it takes to make a positive change, then we'd like to hear from you.
Applications close Tuesday, 21st December 2021
COVID-19 vaccination requirements
From 1 December 2021, all people working inside prisons will be required to be fully vaccinated as part of the COVID-19 Public Health Response (Vaccinations) Order 2021. People in prison are some of the most vulnerable to COVID-19 and due to the ease of transmission, extending the Vaccination Order supports the safety and wellbeing of our staff and people in prison.
Mō mātou | About us
Ara Poutama Aotearoa is a name that has been gifted to us and is our commitment to improving the oranga and safety of the people, whānau, and that of the communities we serve across the motu.
As a values-led organisation, we use the principles of rangatira (leadership), manaaki (respect), wairua (spirituality), kaitiaki (guardianship) and whānau (relationships) to shape how we work and deliver the outcomes in our strategy - Hōkai Rangi (https://arapoutama.page.link/Eit5).
Tono ināianei | Apply Now
To apply, please submit a tailored CV and a cover letter (PDF) describing your motivation for joining the department highlighting relevant skills and experience. Alignment to our kaupapa is critical to our success - we ask that you provide examples which reflect and demonstrate our organisation values.
It is an exciting time to join us and we continue to seek out talented individuals who are committed to an inclusive, vibrant workplace. We recognise and celebrate the uniqueness of individuals, and that of the collective talent in our whānau. All applications must be submitted through our careers site to ensure transparency. Applications received via email will not be considered.
If you want to find out more about a career with us, visit careers.corrections.govt.nz or email our team at email@example.com.