- About Us
- COVID-19 Resources
- Understanding bias - Wiki Haumaru Tūroro | Patient Safety Week 2019
- Continuing Nursing Education CNE - Goodfellow Unit
- Continuing Nursing Education (CNE) Template
- Endorsement Application Form
- Guidelines and Professional Position statements
- Healthy People Healthy Planet
- Interim Report of the Health & Disability System Review
- Links of Interest
- Managing Bullying & Fostering Health Work In Nursing
- National Nursing Consortium
- National Nursing Organisations Leaders Group Repository
- Ngā aratohu maimoa hauwarea | Frailty care guides
- Nursing Praxis in NZ
- Professional Support Guides
- Self Employment
- Te Puawai - Read Online
- Te Puawai Archives
- NPNZ Conference 2019
- Meet the Executive
- Social Media
- Terms of Reference
- Members List
- NPNZ Forum
- NPNZ Executive Forum
- What is a NP?
- Do you want to become an NP in New Zealand?
- Information for Employers
- Supervisors for NP Interns Resource Toolkit
- Examples of NP Job Descriptions & Business Case Proposals
- NP Resources
- Frequently Asked Questions for NPs
- NPNZ Minutes -members only
- NPNZ Useful Documents
- Job Vacancies
- Conferences & Events
- Join NPNZ
- Nursing Praxis
Finance, invoicing and tax considerations are often the steepest learning curve for people new to running a business. Let’s face it, you are probably an expert in the work, but not many nurses have had to calculate bi-monthly GST or send monthly invoices before.
This resource provides some templates and sage information on tracking your money and keeping onside with the IRD.
It is always useful to learn from an accountant, especially in the early days.
If you are setting fees or hourly rates, consider all aspects of your service. You may not only be providing a service, but also your own technology infrastructure and professional networks.
If you are setting yourself up as an employer then there is PAYE, Health and Safety, Kiwisaver and insurance to consider.
Think about holiday pay, as a solo self-employed nurse if you don’t work- you don’t get paid, but the bills keep rolling in. So, factor holidays into your income goals.
Useful APPs: (examples only)
Accounting Software: (examples only)
Iyer, P. (2015). Creating a Strong Fee Schedule and Contract. Journal of Legal Nurse Consulting, 26(1), 12-17.