- About Us
- Continuing Nursing Education CNE - Goodfellow Unit
- Continuing Nursing Education (CNE) Template
- Endorsement Application Form
- Guidelines and Professional Position statements
- Links of Interest
- National Nursing Consortium
- National Nursing Organisations Leaders Group Repository
- Nursing Praxis in NZ
- Nursing Review
- Professional Support Guides
- Self Employment
- Te Puawai - Read Online
- Te Puawai Archives
- NPNZ Conference 2019
- Meet the Executive
- Social Media
- Terms of Reference
- Members List
- NPNZ Forum
- NPNZ Executive Forum
- What is a NP?
- Do you want to become an NP in New Zealand?
- Information for Employers
- Supervisors for NP Interns Resource Toolkit
- Examples of NP Job Descriptions & Business Case Proposals
- NP Resources
- Frequently Asked Questions for NPs
- NPNZ Minutes -members only
- NPNZ Useful Documents
- Job Vacancies
- Conferences & Events
- Join NPNZ
This suite of resources is designed to support nurses considering self-employment or building a business.
Planning a new business can feel daunting, especially for registered nurses and nurse practitioners, as unlike midwifery, physiotherapy or general practice, the New Zealand nursing profession does not have a strong history of self-employment.
You may be considering solo-self-employment or becoming an employer. Whichever you chose there are links in this resource kit to support you at each stage, from set-up to self-care, as well as how to maintain your money and your professional nursing registration.
The resource comes with links to the professional supervisor’s page on the College of Nurses website, but for specific enquiries about setting up a business in nursing please contact the College office on email@example.com
*Note: We have provided examples of service providers in the supplied links. These are only examples, not recommendations, please do your homework before selecting a service provider, make sure they suit your personal business requirements, location and budget.