- About Us
- Continuing Nursing Education CNE - Goodfellow Unit
- Continuing Nursing Education (CNE) Template
- Endorsement Application Form
- Guidelines and Professional Position statements
- Health Central
- Healthy People Healthy Planet
- Interim Report of the Health & Disability System Review
- Links of Interest
- Managing Bullying & Fostering Health Work In Nursing
- National Nursing Consortium
- National Nursing Organisations Leaders Group Repository
- Ngā aratohu maimoa hauwarea | Frailty care guides
- Nursing Praxis in NZ
- Professional Support Guides
- Self Employment
- Te Puawai - Read Online
- Te Puawai Archives
- NPNZ Conference 2019
- Meet the Executive
- Social Media
- Terms of Reference
- Members List
- NPNZ Forum
- NPNZ Executive Forum
- What is a NP?
- Do you want to become an NP in New Zealand?
- Information for Employers
- Supervisors for NP Interns Resource Toolkit
- Examples of NP Job Descriptions & Business Case Proposals
- NP Resources
- Frequently Asked Questions for NPs
- NPNZ Minutes -members only
- NPNZ Useful Documents
- Job Vacancies
- Conferences & Events
- Join NPNZ
Security and insurance is not something nurses need to consider as employees, however as an employer or solo self-employed, your insurance and security become vital.
As well as personal insurances you should check on your office/ workspace insurance. Those in clinical practice or offering any online payments service may also need to consider cyber security.
Professional indemnity should be held by every nurse however, this often is not the case. Review this if you are considering solo self-employment or becoming an employer.
If you are delivering a clinical service you need to be sure you are meeting the principles of the Nursing Council Code of Conduct and keeping records according to the Privacy Act (1993). Those delivering a clinical service need to consider public liability Insurance.
Check on your professional indemnity as this would be financially vital if any complaints were made against you. You also need to consider insurance for your business if you become unwell or unable to trade for any period of time.
ACC payments are also an obligation whether you are solo self-employed or an employer.
Nurses also need to consider Kiwisaver and what they will put by for retirement.
A lot of these costs may have to be factored in to your charging schedule.
Professional Indemnity Insurance
Public Liability Insurance
(*Note: these are examples, please do your homework before selecting a public liability insurer)
Office space/ business insurance (*Note: these are examples, please do your homework before selecting a insurance provider – make sure they suit your business and your budget). •
(*Note: these are examples, please do your homework before selecting a cyber insurance provider – make sure they suit your business and your budget)