- About Us
- Understanding bias - Wiki Haumaru Tūroro | Patient Safety Week 2019
- Continuing Nursing Education CNE - Goodfellow Unit
- Continuing Nursing Education (CNE) Template
- Endorsement Application Form
- Guidelines and Professional Position statements
- Healthy People Healthy Planet
- Interim Report of the Health & Disability System Review
- Links of Interest
- Managing Bullying & Fostering Health Work In Nursing
- National Nursing Consortium
- National Nursing Organisations Leaders Group Repository
- Ngā aratohu maimoa hauwarea | Frailty care guides
- Nursing Praxis in NZ
- Professional Support Guides
- Self Employment
- Te Puawai - Read Online
- Te Puawai Archives
- NPNZ Conference 2019
- Meet the Executive
- Social Media
- Terms of Reference
- Members List
- NPNZ Forum
- NPNZ Executive Forum
- What is a NP?
- Do you want to become an NP in New Zealand?
- Information for Employers
- Supervisors for NP Interns Resource Toolkit
- Examples of NP Job Descriptions & Business Case Proposals
- NP Resources
- Frequently Asked Questions for NPs
- NPNZ Minutes -members only
- NPNZ Useful Documents
- Job Vacancies
- Conferences & Events
- Join NPNZ
- Nursing Praxis
Please click on each speakers photo to see their bio.
Helen Costello, Associate Director of Nursing - Practice Development at Capital & Coast (CCDHB)
Helen Costello, Associate Director of Nursing - Practice Development, Capital & Coast DHB
Helen Costello is an Associate Director of Nursing – Practice Development at Capital & Coast (CCDHB). Practice development for Helen is about asking why and how we do things like we do around here? A question she believes that can only be answered with collaboration and openness to improvement opportunities. Her previous clinical background in hospitals and community and undergraduate and postgraduate roles support her passion for clinical practice development and advanced role development. This includes working with Services to grow advanced nursing roles to meet population needs including role development through expanded practice, RN Prescribing and Nurse Practitioner role development to meet population needs.
Helen other portfolio focus is Safe Quality Care and she is the professional lead for the DHB’s Pressure Injury Prevention and Management and Falls Prevention/Safe Mobility programmes. Helen seeks to understand with clinicians - the cracks that exist between staffs’ commitment to safe quality care, and patients and whanau experience and outcomes.
With a strong commitment to the Improvement Movement advocated at CCDHB and working closely with the Quality Improvement and Patient Safety Directorate, Helen is well positioned for promoting great practice and supporting change when warranted.