- About Us
- Understanding bias - Wiki Haumaru Tūroro | Patient Safety Week 2019
- Continuing Nursing Education CNE - Goodfellow Unit
- Continuing Nursing Education (CNE) Template
- Endorsement Application Form
- Guidelines and Professional Position statements
- Healthy People Healthy Planet
- Interim Report of the Health & Disability System Review
- Links of Interest
- Managing Bullying & Fostering Health Work In Nursing
- National Nursing Consortium
- National Nursing Organisations Leaders Group Repository
- Ngā aratohu maimoa hauwarea | Frailty care guides
- Nursing Praxis in NZ
- Professional Support Guides
- Self Employment
- Te Puawai - Read Online
- Te Puawai Archives
- NPNZ Conference 2019
- Meet the Executive
- Social Media
- Terms of Reference
- Members List
- NPNZ Forum
- NPNZ Executive Forum
- What is a NP?
- Do you want to become an NP in New Zealand?
- Information for Employers
- Supervisors for NP Interns Resource Toolkit
- Examples of NP Job Descriptions & Business Case Proposals
- NP Resources
- Frequently Asked Questions for NPs
- NPNZ Minutes -members only
- NPNZ Useful Documents
- Job Vacancies
- Conferences & Events
- Join NPNZ
- Nursing Praxis
Please click on each speakers photo to see their bio.
Mirjam van der Stoel NP Older Adult
Bio Mirjam van der Stoel NP Older Adult
Mirjam has worked at Wairau hospital in a number of nursing and management positions. In 2009 she decided to follow through on her wish to become a Nurse Practitioner and was registered in 2018. Mirjam is currrently employed as an NP Older Adults. Her role is supported by Nelson Marlborough Health and the Marlborough Primary Health Organisation. In her presention Mirjam will cover her experience of working towards her NP registration and give this as someone who did not follow the fast track NP program. Her presentation will also include an overview of her current position and how this evolved, and how her role eventuated into what it is today. With her presentation she hopes to encourage those who have completed their clinical masters and are fniding the last steps towards preparing a portfolio and carving a role for themselves one hurdle too many.
Title: The Enduring Power of Attorney
The Enduring Power of Attorney is an important legal document. Any person over the age of 18 can have EPA in place. However for the older adult it will often be discussed as part of their care. For us as health professionals with a special interest in the ageing population it is important to understand how the law aims to protect those who are no longer able to make decisions for themselves.
In this session we will explain the two types of Enduring Power of Attorney and our responsibility as a health professional in this process.