- About Us
- Understanding bias - Wiki Haumaru Tūroro | Patient Safety Week 2019
- Continuing Nursing Education CNE - Goodfellow Unit
- Continuing Nursing Education (CNE) Template
- Endorsement Application Form
- Guidelines and Professional Position statements
- Healthy People Healthy Planet
- Interim Report of the Health & Disability System Review
- Links of Interest
- Managing Bullying & Fostering Health Work In Nursing
- National Nursing Consortium
- National Nursing Organisations Leaders Group Repository
- Ngā aratohu maimoa hauwarea | Frailty care guides
- Nursing Praxis in NZ
- Professional Support Guides
- Self Employment
- Te Puawai - Read Online
- Te Puawai Archives
- NPNZ Conference 2019
- Meet the Executive
- Social Media
- Terms of Reference
- Members List
- NPNZ Forum
- NPNZ Executive Forum
- What is a NP?
- Do you want to become an NP in New Zealand?
- Information for Employers
- Supervisors for NP Interns Resource Toolkit
- Examples of NP Job Descriptions & Business Case Proposals
- NP Resources
- Frequently Asked Questions for NPs
- NPNZ Minutes -members only
- NPNZ Useful Documents
- Job Vacancies
- Conferences & Events
- Join NPNZ
- Nursing Praxis
Please click on each speakers photo to see their bio.
Dr Derek Sherwood Clinical Director Choosing Wisely
Dr Derek Sherwood
MBChB(Otago) FRCS(Ed). FRANZCO
Dr Sherwood completed his Medical degree at Otago University. He did his Ophthalmology training in the UK, returning to work in NZ in 1990. He has previously been involved in providing eye surgery in Nepal and the Pacific Islands but over the last 10 years in addition to his busy clinical practice he has been working to improve Eye Health Services in New Zealand firstly in his role Chairing the Diabetic Retinopathy Screening Group and then Chairing the Save Sight Society and then the Chair of the NZ Branch of the Royal Australian and NZ College of Ophthalmologists.
From 2014 – 2018 Derek was Chair of the Council of Medical Colleges an organisation that represents 15 Specialist Colleges and 9,500 doctors.
Dr Sherwood is now the Council of Medical Colleges Clinical lead for the Choosing Wisely campaign in NZ .