- About Us
- Understanding bias - Wiki Haumaru Tūroro | Patient Safety Week 2019
- Continuing Nursing Education CNE - Goodfellow Unit
- Continuing Nursing Education (CNE) Template
- Endorsement Application Form
- Guidelines and Professional Position statements
- Healthy People Healthy Planet
- Interim Report of the Health & Disability System Review
- Links of Interest
- Managing Bullying & Fostering Health Work In Nursing
- National Nursing Consortium
- National Nursing Organisations Leaders Group Repository
- Ngā aratohu maimoa hauwarea | Frailty care guides
- Nursing Praxis in NZ
- Professional Support Guides
- Self Employment
- Te Puawai - Read Online
- Te Puawai Archives
- NPNZ Conference 2019
- Meet the Executive
- Social Media
- Terms of Reference
- Members List
- NPNZ Forum
- NPNZ Executive Forum
- What is a NP?
- Do you want to become an NP in New Zealand?
- Information for Employers
- Supervisors for NP Interns Resource Toolkit
- Examples of NP Job Descriptions & Business Case Proposals
- NP Resources
- Frequently Asked Questions for NPs
- NPNZ Minutes -members only
- NPNZ Useful Documents
- Job Vacancies
- Conferences & Events
- Join NPNZ
- Nursing Praxis
Please click on each speakers photo to see their bio.
David Garland NP Ophthalmology
David Garland NP Oohthalmology
David Garland has been working in the area of ophthalmology for more than 15 years and nurse practitioner for 18 months.
He works in a variety of settings in ophthalmology: medical retina, cornea, uveitis and glaucoma. He is working towards establishing a diabetic retinopathy clinic in collaboration with the diabetes service to better meet the needs of these patients.
Enjoying a tipple of wine now and again he is looking forward to the conference in Blenheim with its not small number of wineries within easy reach.
Title: The aging population causing blow out in managing chronic ophthalmic particularly Aged related macular degeneration and Diabetes
This presentation will talk about two major conditions affecting the ophthalmic services across the country. It will include discussion on AMD and Diabetes on the eye with classic symptoms to watch for. We will discuss the management for these conditions and the role that PHC in both these conditions.
Discussion will include how the NP role and senior nursing roles is impacting on the management of these conditions.