- About Us
- COVID-19 Resources
- Understanding bias - Wiki Haumaru Tūroro | Patient Safety Week 2019
- Continuing Nursing Education CNE - Goodfellow Unit
- Continuing Nursing Education (CNE) Template
- Endorsement Application Form
- Guidelines and Professional Position statements
- Healthy People Healthy Planet
- Interim Report of the Health & Disability System Review
- Links of Interest
- Managing Bullying & Fostering Health Work In Nursing
- National Nursing Consortium
- National Nursing Organisations Leaders Group Repository
- Ngā aratohu maimoa hauwarea | Frailty care guides
- Nursing Praxis in NZ
- Professional Support Guides
- Self Employment
- Te Puawai - Read Online
- Te Puawai Archives
- NPNZ Conference 2019
- Meet the Executive
- Social Media
- Terms of Reference
- Members List
- NPNZ Forum
- NPNZ Executive Forum
- What is a NP?
- Do you want to become an NP in New Zealand?
- Information for Employers
- Supervisors for NP Interns Resource Toolkit
- Examples of NP Job Descriptions & Business Case Proposals
- NP Resources
- Frequently Asked Questions for NPs
- NPNZ Minutes -members only
- NPNZ Useful Documents
- Job Vacancies
- Conferences & Events
- Join NPNZ
- Nursing Praxis
Please click on each speakers photo to see their bio.
Deborah Bush MNZM, QSM, Dip Tchg. LSB
DEBORAH BUSH MNZM, QSM, Dip Tchg. LSB
Co-founder and Chief Executive Endometriosis New Zealand
Founder and Director EPP Coaching and Consulting (Endometriosis and Pelvic Pain)
Deborah has had a global influence on the promotion and prevention of endometriosis worldwide. She developed the world’s first Menstrual Health and Endometriosis me™ programme for schools in 1997 which has significantly influenced early recognition of symptoms and timely intervention in adolescents.
She has developed Innovative health initiatives and programmes for schools, workplaces, hospitals and CME. She was instrumental in developing a Task Force team with Medical Colleges and the New Zealand Government to develop new Clinical Pathways for endometriosis which will be implemented in 2019. Her private practice EPP Coaching and Consulting integrates into treatment centres offering multi-disciplinary expertise.
Deborah presents frequently as key note speaker at international academic conferences. Her many national and international awards reflect her achievements and contribution to the literature. She sits on the World Endometriosis Society Trust Board and in 2018, initiated the new organisation, World Endometriosis Organisations (WEO) and is Chief Officer. Deborah was described as ‘a pioneer, a visionary, a highly effective lay person in a specialised medical world’ by the New Zealand Woman of the Year judges.
Deborah’s achievements are reflected in the following awards:
- Queens Service Medal (QSM), Queen Elizabeth II Birthday Honours, 2003.
- Commonwealth Award for Excellence in Women’s Health (Endometriosis NZ under her leadership).
- Paul Newman Award, 2007.
- International Outstanding Service Award, 2011
- Zonta International Woman of the Biennium Award 2011 – 2013.
- Woman of the Year – Health and Science, 2012
- Woman of Influence Finalist 2014
- World Endometriosis Society Board Trustee
- New Zealand Order of Merit (MNZM) Queen Elizabeth Honours 2017